Police should continue work in rural communities
People living in the Dereham area want the police to continue to be more engaged with rural communities.At a Community Action Group (CAG) meeting on Wednesday this was one of the key issues that the public asked the police to focus on.
People living in the Dereham area want the police to continue to be more engaged with rural communities.
At a Community Action Group (CAG) meeting on Wednesday this was one of the key issues that the public asked the police to focus on.
The other priorities also decided on by the police, Breckland Council and other organisations following the CAG meeting were addressing graffiti issues in Dereham and engaging with young people in the Hillcrest area of Toftwood.
Recently the police have held five 'pub police surgeries' in villages and plan to have more community engagement events at venues like shops and post offices. Officers will also be doing cycle patrols in rural areas at weekends and early evenings.
Dereham Safer Neighbourhood Team has also been focusing on addressing anti-social behaviour at Dereham Recreation Ground by conducting regular high visibility patrols in the area and supporting the Kickz youth football project at the recreation ground.
t The next CAG meeting will be at 7pm on Wednesday, May 12 at Breckland Council's head office Elizabeth House, Walpole Loke, Dereham.
- 1 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 'You've got to diversify' - cafe and gallery owner braves expansion
- 3 A trip to the fair helps Norfolk man remember
- 4 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 9 Queen's Jubilee: All the events happening in the Dereham area
- 10 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
t To contact Dereham SNT call 0845 456 4567 or email email@example.com