Police to tackle community issues
People living in the Dereham area want the police to continue to be more engaged with rural communities.At a Community Action Group (CAG) meeting on Wednesday this was one of the key issues that the public asked the police to focus on.
People living in the Dereham area want the police to continue to be more engaged with rural communities.
At a Community Action Group (CAG) meeting on Wednesday this was one of the key issues that the public asked the police to focus on.
The other priorities also decided on by the police, Breckland Council and other organisations following the CAG meeting were addressing graffiti issues in Dereham and engaging with young people in the Hillcrest area of Toftwood.
Recently the police have held five 'pub police surgeries' in villages and plan to have more community engagement events at venues like shops and post offices. Officers will also be doing cycle patrols in rural areas at weekends and early evenings.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Safer Neighbourhood Team has also been focusing on addressing anti-social behaviour at Dereham Recreation Ground by conducting regular high visibility patrols in the area and supporting the Kickz youth football project at the recreation ground.
t The next CAG meeting will be at 7pm on Wednesday, May 12 at Breckland Council's head office Elizabeth House, Walpole Loke, Dereham.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 7 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 8 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 9 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
t To contact Dereham SNT call 0845 456 4567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org