‘Polished’ performances at schools’ production of When Marnie Was There
- Credit: Archant
Students from Dereham's Neatherd High School have taken part in a performance of the beloved Norfolk-set children's book, When Marnie Was There.
Two groups of students starred in the show, which took place at the Dereham Memorial Hall on Friday, November 24.
And performing arts teacher and adaptor of the book, Elizabeth Dark, said the children's performances were 'imaginative' and 'polished'.
The story of Marnie is set in Burnham Overy Staithe and was written by the King's Lynn author Joan G. Robinson.
It was adapted into a musical by Ms Dark, owner of production company, Chink-in-the-Wall, who was inspired by the book's dreamy north Norfolk setting.
You may also want to watch:
Students from Aylsham High School, Aldenham Peel, and Ormiston Victory Academy in Costessy, also took part in the performance, with each school working on a 15-20 minute section of the musical.
- 1 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 5 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 6 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 9 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 10 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences