Power back on at Dereham homes
Ian ClarkeThree homes finally got their electricity back early today - almost two days after an underground cable fault caused a power cut.Ian Clarke
Three homes finally got their electricity back early today - almost two days after an underground cable fault caused a power cut.
Engineers completed their work in the Westfield Road area of Dereham at 3.45am to restore power to the properties.
The fault was first discovered on Wednesday morning and affected 23 customers, including the 350-pupil Toftwood Junior School.
The school stayed open on Wednesday despite the power cut and its supply - along with most of the homes - was back on in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Five properties remained off and engineers continued to work. Two homes were restored at 9.30pm on Thursday but it took a further seven hours to complete the repairs.
An EDF Energy Networks spokesman said: 'We would like to apologise to customers for the interruption to their power supplies.
- 1 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 6 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 7 Family's anger after woman, 82, faced being 'marooned' by floodwater
- 8 Every Child Online - New campaign to get laptops and devices to children
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
'Our engineers were on site working as quickly as possible to locate the fault. We have been carrying out extensive work on site, and the fault on a stretch of underground cable proved particularly difficult to pinpoint.
'Our customer relations team proactively contacted the five customers who still affected to keep them supplied with the latest information and offer practical help if required. For example, we have arranged heaters for one customer as a result of their circumstances.'