Power restored to properties in mid-Norfolk hit by power cut
- Credit: Archant
A power cut is affecting a number of households in the mid-Norfolk area.
Power has been restored to households which were hit by a power cut in the mid-Norfolk area.
Properties in the 'NR20 4' area of the county were hit by the outage on Tuesday (August 6) morning, first reported at around 8.30am.
Dereham, Swanton Morley, Bawdeswell, East Bilney, Beetley and Gressenhall were among the locations affected.
Engineers from UK Power Networks found that power had gone off due to a fault on the underground network, which affected substation equipment.
A specialist team was send to pinpoint the fault and dig to expose the cabling for repairs.
It is believed power was restored to the majority of households in the area between 7.30pm and 8.30pm.
- 1 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 2 Dereham barbershop named as one of UK's top 20
- 3 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 6 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 9 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 10 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
Were you affected by the power cut? Email Thomas.Chapman@archant.co.uk.