Power restored to properties in mid-Norfolk hit by power cut
- Credit: Archant
A power cut is affecting a number of households in the mid-Norfolk area.
Power has been restored to households which were hit by a power cut in the mid-Norfolk area.
Properties in the 'NR20 4' area of the county were hit by the outage on Tuesday (August 6) morning, first reported at around 8.30am.
Dereham, Swanton Morley, Bawdeswell, East Bilney, Beetley and Gressenhall were among the locations affected.
Engineers from UK Power Networks found that power had gone off due to a fault on the underground network, which affected substation equipment.
You may also want to watch:
A specialist team was send to pinpoint the fault and dig to expose the cabling for repairs.
It is believed power was restored to the majority of households in the area between 7.30pm and 8.30pm.
- 1 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 4 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 5 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 6 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 9 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
Were you affected by the power cut? Email Thomas.Chapman@archant.co.uk.