Power restored to properties in mid-Norfolk hit by power cut
- Credit: Archant
A power cut is affecting a number of households in the mid-Norfolk area.
Power has been restored to households which were hit by a power cut in the mid-Norfolk area.
Properties in the 'NR20 4' area of the county were hit by the outage on Tuesday (August 6) morning, first reported at around 8.30am.
Dereham, Swanton Morley, Bawdeswell, East Bilney, Beetley and Gressenhall were among the locations affected.
Engineers from UK Power Networks found that power had gone off due to a fault on the underground network, which affected substation equipment.
You may also want to watch:
A specialist team was send to pinpoint the fault and dig to expose the cabling for repairs.
It is believed power was restored to the majority of households in the area between 7.30pm and 8.30pm.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 4 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 9 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 10 Dereham, Blofield and Belton are the latest coronavirus infection hotspots
Were you affected by the power cut? Email Thomas.Chapman@archant.co.uk.