Travel firm donates more than 80 Easter treats to families in need following new appeal
- Credit: Archant
A mid-Norfolk community has rallied round to support a travel firm's charity appeal.
Premier Travel in Dereham collected more than 80 chocolate treats in its first Easter appeal for local families in need.
Staff at the firm were overwhelmed by donations from customers, businesses and organisations in the town following the appeal for Easter treats.
Jo Peacock, branch manager, said: 'Our first ever Easter appeal was an incredible success. The whole community rallied round to help boost our collection – thanks to everyone who donated. The contributions were greatly received by the food bank and helped to make Easter really special for many families in need.'
The goodies were donated to Mid Norfolk Food Bank to distribute to local people in crisis over Easter.
You may also want to watch:
This year was the first Easter appeal organised by the firm, and they now plan to make it a regular campaign following its success.
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 4 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 5 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47