Travel firm donates more than 80 Easter treats to families in need following new appeal
- Credit: Archant
A mid-Norfolk community has rallied round to support a travel firm's charity appeal.
Premier Travel in Dereham collected more than 80 chocolate treats in its first Easter appeal for local families in need.
Staff at the firm were overwhelmed by donations from customers, businesses and organisations in the town following the appeal for Easter treats.
Jo Peacock, branch manager, said: 'Our first ever Easter appeal was an incredible success. The whole community rallied round to help boost our collection – thanks to everyone who donated. The contributions were greatly received by the food bank and helped to make Easter really special for many families in need.'
The goodies were donated to Mid Norfolk Food Bank to distribute to local people in crisis over Easter.
You may also want to watch:
This year was the first Easter appeal organised by the firm, and they now plan to make it a regular campaign following its success.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 5 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 6 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 9 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today