Quiz to help school
IT'S time to put on those thinking caps to help a mid-Norfolk school to recover from a fire.Kim Sergeant, a parent and neighbour of Barnham Broom Primary, is to put the proceeds of a fun quiz session he is running at the village hall on Saturday, March 15, (7pm for 7.
IT'S time to put on those thinking caps to help a mid-Norfolk school to recover from a fire.
Kim Sergeant, a parent and neighbour of Barnham Broom Primary, is to put the proceeds of a fun quiz session he is running at the village hall on Saturday, March 15, (7pm for 7.30pm) towards the drive to re-equip the school.
The fire - being treated as arson - broke out at the newly-reburbished school in January, destroying the main activity room, damaging a classroom and ruining thous-ands of pounds of educational and play equipment.
Afterwards, people from across the county gave money, books and toys after reading about the plight of the children and staff there in the Times and our sister paper, the Eastern Daily Press.
You may also want to watch:
Kim, whose daughter Eve is a pupil, said: “It is a fabulous school. Hopefully, we will be able to help to raise money for a particular piece of equipment or whatever else the headmaster needs to buy.”
Kim has organised quizzes in the past for the school and for the local playgroup.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 6 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 7 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
Entry will be £25 per team of four, including supper, and there are likely to be picture rounds and questions on sport, music and general knowledge.
Call Kim on 01603 759334 if you would like to enter a team for the event.
The school is gradually returning to normal after the fire. A progress report on the recovery and restoration work can be seen at www.barnhambroom.norfolk.sch.uk