Pub pitches in with Scout group's appeal
- Credit: Supplied by the Railway Tavern
A Scout group has benefitted from a pub's £600 donation following a live music event.
The Dereham (Toftwood) 2nd Scout group has received £600 from the the Railway Tavern in Yaxham Road, which was raised at a music day the pub held last year in between coronavirus lockdowns.
The Scout group is undertaking works to improve its facilities at its base in South Green, which was hit by flooding last year after a pipe burst.
Hannah Ponder, the Scout group leaders, said they had already installed a new kitchen and toilet following the damaged, and they were now adding a wet room.
She said she wanted to thank the tavern and its landlord, Paul Sandford, for the donation to their appeal.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "The tavern are brilliant in their support for us. The improvements so far have made it a much more modern building."
Ms Ponder said the Scouts had resumed meeting outdoors, and they had a marquee set up in the garden.
- 1 Town council to discuss creating 160-acre country park
- 2 'It needs new blood': Chippie with arcade inside goes up for sale
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 4 Green light for new play area after £60,000 grant
- 5 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 6 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 7 Dereham councillor protests over toilet demolition
- 8 Dereham soccer academy win national championship
- 9 Critics unhappy at NDR Western Link answers - but case to be lodged
- 10 Campaign group slams smoking ban at council headquarters
She said: "We have had about 80pc of the children return. They are loving it. It's great to see them outside again having fun."