Reader opinion - Am I the only one who can see no benefit of 950 new homes in Fakenham?
- Credit: Ian Burt
Am I the only one who can see no benefit to Fakenham from the building of more than 900 houses to the north of the town?
From what I have read, it would not surprise me if the development became a self-contained village.
After all there is already a supermarket in the area, as well as a drinking and eating establishment - not to mention a pharmacy.
It would seem to me that the only reason the residents of this new estate would only need to go into town to see an estate agent to buy or sell their house.
Let us hope that I am wrong and that they sample the shops and attractions of our town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 10 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens