Record visitors to museum's apple day
A record number of visitors attended Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse Museum's Apple Day yesterday.More than 3,400 people went to the annual event, near Dereham, to taste a gamut of apple-based drinks and foods.
A record number of visitors attended Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse Museum's Apple Day yesterday.
More than 3,400 people went to the annual event, near Dereham, to taste a gamut of apple-based drinks and foods.
Martin Skipper, of the East of England Apples and Orchards Project, attended the event to help identify people's apples.
Also on offer were apples, juices, jams, other preserves, cakes and music.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the museum said: 'People are not going away so much and are beginning to realise what a fantastic county Norfolk is and taking pleasure in what they have in their back gardens rather than looking some where else for inspiration.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000