Town’s history featured in 2021 calendar
- Credit: Archant
A town’s history has been celebrated in a new calendar
A brand-new calendar for 2021 is celebrating a “timeless town’s” vast history.
Produced by Reepham Community Press in association with the Reepham Archive, the Reepham Life calendar features 13 photographs capturing the town’s history over the past century.
Geoff Fisher, editor of Reepham Life, said: “This project has involved sifting through hundreds of old photographs and postcards supplied to the Reepham Archive by past and present residents or those with a connection to the town.
“A total of 12 pictures plus a cover image were chosen for this eighth annual calendar, most from the first half of the 20th century.
You may also want to watch:
“Local photographer John Tym then went out to capture many of these scenes as they are today.”
The calendar costs £8 and can be purchased from Johnsons of Reepham, Robertson’s Family Butchers, Bircham Centre Charity Shop, Reepham Archive and St Mary’s Reepham.
- 1 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Watch: 91-year-old woman's stirring poem 'Wake Up Britain'
- 4 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 5 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Barman suffered fractured eye socket after being punched on night out
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town
For further information, contact: Reepham Community Press on 01603 308158 or email@example.com