Resurfacing works begin on Norwich Road
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Works to resurface Norwich Road in Dereham have now started, with the road set to be closed for a total of four days between 9:30am and 4pm.
Complaints have already been posted on social media with those who run businesses claiming that customers and deliveries have been turned away.
The roadworks extend from the junction with Crown Road eastwards to Union Drift.
A Norfolk County Council statement posted on the Breckland Council Facebook page read: 'During the resurfacing works it will be necessary to close the road to all through traffic at this location.
'Fully signed official local diversion routes along roads of the same or higher classification will be in operation between 9:30am and 4pm on each day.
You may also want to watch:
'Vehicle access to businesses and properties within the limits of the closure will be maintained from one end at all times. Pedestrian access will be maintained while work is underway.
'Norfolk County Council would like to thank people for their patience while these works to replace the existing worn out road surface are carried out.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 4 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 8 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting