Search

Retired electrician, 85, died from cancer linked to asbestos exposure

PUBLISHED: 11:09 26 February 2019 | UPDATED: 11:19 26 February 2019

Brian Coleman, of Weldon Road, Scarning, near Dereham, died at home on Monday, February 18, 2019. Photo: Antony Kelly

Brian Coleman, of Weldon Road, Scarning, near Dereham, died at home on Monday, February 18, 2019. Photo: Antony Kelly

Archant Norfolk 2016

An inquest has been opened into the death of a 85-year-old man from Dereham who died from a type of a cancer linked to asbestos exposure.

Brian Coleman, of Weldon Road, Scarning, near Dereham, died at home on Monday, February 18, 2019.

His body was identified by his wife, Pauline Coleman, who confirmed the deceased was born on June 3, 1933, in Gillingham, Kent.

Mr Coleman was retired, and was previously employed as an electrician.

His cause of death was given as 1A sarcomatoid mesothelioma, a cancer which affects the lining of organs, and is usually linked to exposure to asbestos fibres.

Assistant coroner Nigel Parsley expressed his condolences to Mr Coleman’s family and friends.

Reports were requested from Mr Coleman’s wife, his GP, and HMRC for his employment records.

A full inquest will be held at 11am on Friday, May 17, 2019 at Norfolk Coroners’ Court.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Dereham Times. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Dereham Times