Retired electrician, 85, died from cancer linked to asbestos exposure
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has been opened into the death of a 85-year-old man from Dereham who died from a type of a cancer linked to asbestos exposure.
Brian Coleman, of Weldon Road, Scarning, near Dereham, died at home on Monday, February 18, 2019.
His body was identified by his wife, Pauline Coleman, who confirmed the deceased was born on June 3, 1933, in Gillingham, Kent.
Mr Coleman was retired, and was previously employed as an electrician.
His cause of death was given as 1A sarcomatoid mesothelioma, a cancer which affects the lining of organs, and is usually linked to exposure to asbestos fibres.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant coroner Nigel Parsley expressed his condolences to Mr Coleman's family and friends.
Reports were requested from Mr Coleman's wife, his GP, and HMRC for his employment records.
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
A full inquest will be held at 11am on Friday, May 17, 2019 at Norfolk Coroners' Court.