Reunion at old Dereham firm
Former employees of one of Dereham's largest firms are calling for forgotten friends to reunite at a one off reunion. During its more than 100 year history thousands of workers from the Dereham area earned their living at Cranes, later Crane Fruehauf.
Former employees of one of Dereham's largest firms are calling for forgotten friends to reunite at a one off reunion.
During its more than 100 year history thousands of workers from the Dereham area earned their living at Cranes, later Crane Fruehauf.
Now some of its most loyal ex-employees have banded together in a bid to share some nostalgia with old colleagues.
The 25 Club - a group of ex-employees who worked for the firm for more than 25 years - are hosting a reunion and have issued an open invite to fellow former employees, who worked for the firm for any length of time, to come along.
Committee member Ted Booty worked for the company for 27 years before retiring around eight years ago.
The 72-year-old, who lives in Middlemarch Road, Toftwood, said: 'We just wanted to get people together for a social thing. There are people who I worked with for decades that I haven't seen for years and it's a chance to catch up.
- 1 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 2 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 3 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 4 Care home linked with grandmother's death lifted from special measures
- 5 'Being a mum is all she wants' - Fund launched for 26-year-old's IVF dream
- 6 Food bank urges public to donate items to supermarket appeal
- 7 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 8 Revealed: The towns and villages where metal thieves have struck
- 9 £251m price tag for Norwich Western Link as bill soars by over £50m
- 10 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
'What's Facebook? I much prefer to have a catch up face to face.'
The evening will take place on May 12 at Aldiss Park, Dereham's football ground, from 7pm, with donations on the night to cover expenses. To find out more contact Ian Cockayne on 01362 695118 or email email@example.com.