Main road to shut for works to speed ramps
- Credit: Ian Burt
A busy road in Dereham is set to close ahead of resurfacing work.
High Street will be closed on Sunday, September 29 for resurfacing works to the speed tables.
It will take one day to complete, subject to suitable weather conditions.
Changes will be made to the four speed tables from the junction with Banyard Place northwards to the junction with the Market Place to ensure the ramps are at the correct angles.
The work will be carried out between 7.30am and 7pm and diversion routes will be in place.
Access to businesses and houses will be managed from one end of the closure at any time.
A statement from Norfolk County Council read: "[We] would like to thank people for their patience while these remedial works to the speed tables are carried out.
- 1 Young woman reveals tough reality of living with multiple sclerosis
- 2 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 5 Council privately plans to sell golf club it spent £10m on for just £2m
- 6 Man dies after suffering medical episode in Iceland store
- 7 Half of Times readers would accept further lockdowns, survey suggests
- 8 'A great idea' - Shop space helps small businesses showcase products
- 9 School invites former pupils to help explore its history
- 10 Part of A47 closed after serious crash
"The work will be carried out at no cost to Norfolk County Council."