Main road to shut for works to speed ramps
- Credit: Ian Burt
A busy road in Dereham is set to close ahead of resurfacing work.
High Street will be closed on Sunday, September 29 for resurfacing works to the speed tables.
It will take one day to complete, subject to suitable weather conditions.
Changes will be made to the four speed tables from the junction with Banyard Place northwards to the junction with the Market Place to ensure the ramps are at the correct angles.
The work will be carried out between 7.30am and 7pm and diversion routes will be in place.
You may also want to watch:
Access to businesses and houses will be managed from one end of the closure at any time.
A statement from Norfolk County Council read: "[We] would like to thank people for their patience while these remedial works to the speed tables are carried out.
- 1 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 2 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 3 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 4 'The people are very friendly': Q&A with Dereham volunteer Terri Dickerson
- 5 Dereham venues 'already filling up' for Christmas meals and parties
- 6 Pub bosses reach semi-final of 'industry Oscars'
- 7 Record Covid-19 rates among Norfolk children, but overall rates fall
- 8 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 9 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 10 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
"The work will be carried out at no cost to Norfolk County Council."