Rockin' cash rolls in
A rock and roll gig at Salle Village Hall has raised �247 for the Light Dragoons welfare fund.The Leopard Trio was supported by Big K and Rockin Ritchie on the Record Hop, with proceeds from the evening going to the Dragoons, based at Robertson Barracks, Swanton Morley.
A rock and roll gig at Salle Village Hall has raised �247 for the Light Dragoons welfare fund.
The Leopard Trio was supported by Big K and Rockin Ritchie on the Record Hop, with proceeds from the evening going to the Dragoons, based at Robertson Barracks, Swanton Morley.
The welfare fund helps those bereaved and injured during the recent tour of duty in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
Despite the appalling weather people travelled from Lowestoft, Caister and many other villages.
You may also want to watch:
The money rasied was handed over to Captain Mick Reed and Sergeant Billy Braithwaite of the Light Dragoons welfare office last week at Swanton Morley.
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
Pictured, from left to right, Graham Alford, Sgt Billy Braithwaite, Kevin Roye.
Richard Saunders, Captain Mick Reed. Mr Alford, Mr Roye and Mr Saunders organised the evening.