Rockin' cash rolls in
A rock and roll gig at Salle Village Hall has raised �247 for the Light Dragoons welfare fund.The Leopard Trio was supported by Big K and Rockin Ritchie on the Record Hop, with proceeds from the evening going to the Dragoons, based at Robertson Barracks, Swanton Morley.
A rock and roll gig at Salle Village Hall has raised �247 for the Light Dragoons welfare fund.
The Leopard Trio was supported by Big K and Rockin Ritchie on the Record Hop, with proceeds from the evening going to the Dragoons, based at Robertson Barracks, Swanton Morley.
The welfare fund helps those bereaved and injured during the recent tour of duty in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
Despite the appalling weather people travelled from Lowestoft, Caister and many other villages.
The money rasied was handed over to Captain Mick Reed and Sergeant Billy Braithwaite of the Light Dragoons welfare office last week at Swanton Morley.
- 1 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 2 Dereham barbershop named as one of UK's top 20
- 3 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 4 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Village pub to finally reopen after being shut for four years
- 7 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 8 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 9 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
Pictured, from left to right, Graham Alford, Sgt Billy Braithwaite, Kevin Roye.
Richard Saunders, Captain Mick Reed. Mr Alford, Mr Roye and Mr Saunders organised the evening.