Rogue trader warning in Dereham
Emma KnightsPeople in Dereham are being warned by police about rogue traders operating in the area.This follows a resident of Mary Unwin Close being called by somebody claiming to be from a digital TV company just before 4pm on Tuesday.Emma Knights
People in Dereham are being warned by police about rogue traders operating in the area.
This follows a resident of Mary Unwin Close being called by somebody claiming to be from a digital TV company just before 4pm on Tuesday.
The caller became verbally aggressive when the resident refused to give bank card details and police believe this was not a genuine call.
If you were contacted in a similar and suspicious manner or have knowledge of a similar incident then contact Operation Radar on 0845 4564567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone experiencing problems with traders, or needing further advice, should call the national consumer helpline Consumer Direct on 08454 040506.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham