St Nicholas Church to host summer of music with free organ recitals
- Credit: Archant
The first in a series of free organ recitals at a Dereham church will feature music from the recent royal wedding.
Organist Dougal Smith will launch the summer of music at St Nicholas Church on Friday, June 1 at 1pm.
The recital will feature music from the recent wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
Mr Smith is a self-taught organist, who has lived in Norfolk since 1981.
He is a long-standing member of the Norfolk Emergency Services Choir, the Dereham Operatic Society, the Shipdham Community Choir and a church organist, and last performed at St Nicholas for his 57th birthday, in 2005.
The recital is the first in a run of four.
The event will include a sandwich lunch from 12.40pm, with music commencing at 1pm until 1.50pm.
- 1 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving car and tractor
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 7 Boris Johnson expected to announce easing of Covid-19 Plan B restrictions
- 8 Half of Times readers would accept further lockdowns, survey suggests
- 9 Royal British Legion branch to celebrate 100th anniversary
- 10 Parents pay tribute to 'lovely' son who died unexpectedly
The series will continue on the following three Fridays where Jo Richards will perform on June 8, Relf Clarke on June 15, and Richard Bower on June 22.