St Nicholas Church to host summer of music with free organ recitals
- Credit: Archant
The first in a series of free organ recitals at a Dereham church will feature music from the recent royal wedding.
Organist Dougal Smith will launch the summer of music at St Nicholas Church on Friday, June 1 at 1pm.
The recital will feature music from the recent wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
Mr Smith is a self-taught organist, who has lived in Norfolk since 1981.
He is a long-standing member of the Norfolk Emergency Services Choir, the Dereham Operatic Society, the Shipdham Community Choir and a church organist, and last performed at St Nicholas for his 57th birthday, in 2005.
The recital is the first in a run of four.
The event will include a sandwich lunch from 12.40pm, with music commencing at 1pm until 1.50pm.
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 2 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 3 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 4 Young people transform care home's garden in just four days
- 5 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 6 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 7 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
- 8 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 9 'Being a mum is all she wants' - Fund launched for 26-year-old's IVF dream
- 10 Car driven by Elvis going on display at Armed Forces Day celebration
The series will continue on the following three Fridays where Jo Richards will perform on June 8, Relf Clarke on June 15, and Richard Bower on June 22.