St Nicholas Church to host summer of music with free organ recitals
- Credit: Archant
The first in a series of free organ recitals at a Dereham church will feature music from the recent royal wedding.
Organist Dougal Smith will launch the summer of music at St Nicholas Church on Friday, June 1 at 1pm.
The recital will feature music from the recent wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
Mr Smith is a self-taught organist, who has lived in Norfolk since 1981.
He is a long-standing member of the Norfolk Emergency Services Choir, the Dereham Operatic Society, the Shipdham Community Choir and a church organist, and last performed at St Nicholas for his 57th birthday, in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
The recital is the first in a run of four.
The event will include a sandwich lunch from 12.40pm, with music commencing at 1pm until 1.50pm.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 3 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 6 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 7 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 8 Dereham garage sale arranged to raise money for cancer charity
- 9 The Flying Scotsman arrives in Dereham
- 10 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
The series will continue on the following three Fridays where Jo Richards will perform on June 8, Relf Clarke on June 15, and Richard Bower on June 22.