Runaway goat finally found after six-day search
- Credit: Archant
A goat who gave his owners the run-around for six days has finally been found.
Stanley, a grey and white pygmy goat standing at just 3ft tall, went missing from Honingham on Saturday, November 2, as he was being loaded into a horsebox.
He had been due to travel due to a new home, but panicked and ran into nearby woodland.
Dog walkers were encouraged to keep their eyes peeled, but instructed not to chase or approach Stanley due to the likelihood of him running away even further.
He was spotted on numerous occasions in Honingham over the ensuing days and was "almost impossible to grab" as he strayed towards Mattishall.
But on Friday, November 8, Stanley stumbled upon a stable yard and was shut in a hay barn for his own safety before being picked up on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
His owner, Sarah Porter, said she was "very relieved" and thinks Stanley "wanted to be with the horses".
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 10 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens