Runaway goat finally found after six-day search
- Credit: Archant
A goat who gave his owners the run-around for six days has finally been found.
Stanley, a grey and white pygmy goat standing at just 3ft tall, went missing from Honingham on Saturday, November 2, as he was being loaded into a horsebox.
He had been due to travel due to a new home, but panicked and ran into nearby woodland.
Dog walkers were encouraged to keep their eyes peeled, but instructed not to chase or approach Stanley due to the likelihood of him running away even further.
He was spotted on numerous occasions in Honingham over the ensuing days and was "almost impossible to grab" as he strayed towards Mattishall.
But on Friday, November 8, Stanley stumbled upon a stable yard and was shut in a hay barn for his own safety before being picked up on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
His owner, Sarah Porter, said she was "very relieved" and thinks Stanley "wanted to be with the horses".
- 1 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 2 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 3 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 4 ‘Overwhelming in a good way’ - Barber shop's new manager, 23
- 5 Police investigate 'possible assault' after Dereham town centre fight
- 6 Offensive graffiti sprayed on football clubhouse used by children
- 7 Norfolk boys brave cold to raise £1,000 in memory of family member
- 8 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 9 Norfolk charities lose up to £120m in pandemic
- 10 Barber fulfils dream of 34 years by opening hometown shop