Brand new Macmillan fundraiser at primary school needs your support
- Credit: IAN BURT
'I would love to see this grow over the years.'
The words of teaching assistant Bridget Doyle, as she makes preparations for a brand new charity event at Scarning V.C. Primary School, raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The event, which is not being run by the school itself, will take place from 10.30am to 2pm on Saturday, October 12 - but Mrs Doyle needs the support of businesses from the area.
"I want to really give this a big push," she said. "Everybody has been affected by cancer at some stage, so it is something that speaks to us all.
"I'd like to get vendors from the Dereham area involved as we are keen to support local companies.
You may also want to watch:
"If there are any businesses that would like to give it a try - whether it be children's entertainers, balloon artists or food vendors - they are welcome to get in touch."
Any vendors or stallholders interested in taking part should contact email email@example.com.
- 1 The Flying Scotsman arrives in Dereham
- 2 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 3 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 4 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 5 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 6 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 9 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk