School's Big Time world record attempt
A MID-NORFOLK school has taken part in a world record attempt.Some 135 children and 27 teachers, support assistants and parent helpers left the classrooms of Mattishall Primary School and headed for All Saints' Church.
A MID-NORFOLK school has taken part in a world record attempt.
Some 135 children and 27 teachers, support assistants and parent helpers left the classrooms of Mattishall Primary School and headed for All Saints' Church.
They were involved in The Big Time Rhyme, a national attempt to break the Guinness world record for the largest number of people reading aloud the same verse simultaneously.
The children read a verse called To the Top, from Peter Pan in Scarlet, by Geraldine McCaughrean. The event was linked to World Book Day.
The Big Time Rhyme was part of a series of events organised by Great Ormond Street children's hospital in London to raise funds for a new renal unit. Schools across the country were invited to take part.
Mattishall Primary deputy head Amanda Darroch said “Working with children so closely, we understand and appreciate the importance of the work Great Ormond Street hospital does. One of our former pupils was treated there, and so it seemed especially fitting to show our support for the hospital.”
- 1 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 3 'You've got to diversify' - cafe and gallery owner braves expansion
- 4 A trip to the fair helps Norfolk man remember
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 10 Queen's Jubilee: All the events happening in the Dereham area
The vicar, the Rev Gordon Kegg, let the school use All Saints' for the reading as the school hall was being renovated. He was also official witness for the event.
Donations for the renal unit were collected at the school.