‘Enquiries ongoing’ after scooter is stolen from outside barn
- Credit: Michele Blanks
A business owner has been left furious after thieves stole her niece's scooter from outside her work premises.
Michele Blanks, owner of Dereham Theatre Costumes in Scarning, near Dereham, first noticed it had disappeared on the morning of Tuesday, March 10.
The 56-year-old said: 'Although I own the business and we rent the barn, my niece kept the scooter there too. My landlord, who lives next door, said his dog woke him up around 11pm barking.'
The incident happened during an attempted break-in at the barn sometime between 5pm on Friday, March 6, and 8am the following day.
Ms Blanks said her niece, Keeley Blanks, had been left upset following the news.
You may also want to watch:
The university student is currently studying animal behaviour and training at Moreton Morrell College in Warwickshire.
She uses the scooter when she comes home during the holidays and was planning to take it out during the upcoming Easter break.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 5 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 10 Revisit the industrial heritage in the heart of Norfolk
Her aunt described the 21-year-old as being 'quite upset', and said it was the first time either of them had encountered any problems since moving to Scarning more than four years ago.
She added: 'We were so concerned about the door they tried to break into that we completely missed that the bike was gone until a few days later. The police [have been] very good about it and added it to the original report.'
Ms Blanks used Facebook to share the information with more than 500 of the business's followers. So far it has been shared by nearly 60 people.
A spokesperson for Norfolk police said CCTV had been obtained, along with witness statements and forensics.
They added: 'Police received a report following a burglary at a business premises on The Broadway, Dereham last week.
'A moped was stolen and enquiries are ongoing.
'The victim has been made aware.'
The scooter is a navy blue Vespa ET4 with distinctive Union Jack stickers on it, registration YU04 XEL.
? Anyone who may have information about the attempted break-in or the location of the scooter can call the non-emergency police number on 101.