Search for carnival queen
Swanton Morley is reviving its traditional village carnival - and is looking for a new carnival queen to help host the event.She must be a girl aged 12-16, living in the Swanton Morley area, and must be available for the carnival procession on June 14 and during the festival week which follows.
Swanton Morley is reviving its traditional village carnival - and is looking for a new carnival queen to help host the event.
She must be a girl aged 12-16, living in the Swanton Morley area, and must be available for the carnival procession on June 14 and during the festival week which follows.
Organisers are looking for a young woman who is charismatic, cheerful, good with people, and happy to represent the village in advertising and carnival events.
Entrants must give a signed parental consent and application form, and a recent photograph of themselves with their name and address on the back, to Gina Eames, who can be contacted on 01362 638056 or 07769 655350. The closing date for all entries is Friday, April 25.
You may also want to watch:
The carnival parade on June 14 will start from Bennett Road at 1pm and finish at the village hall. Throughout the day there will be a fun fair, stalls, games, food, refreshments and a disco from 7.30pm at the village hall.
During the carnival week there will be various other events at the village hall including a Ploughman's Lunch on Wednesday June 18, and indoor bowls on Thursday June 19.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 7 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 8 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 9 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
The carnival will finish with tractor weekend on Saturday/Sunday June 21/22, where there will be a tractor parade, vintage cars, stalls, a fun fair, car boot and a tour of the village by tractor trailer.
For more information on the carnival events contact Mrs Eames on 01362 638056.
*Meanwhile, Swanton Morley's newly refurbished playground at Gooseberry Hill - including an aerial slide- is being officially unveiled on Wednesday April 16. Children from the village school and the Under Fives' group will be among the guests.