Ship ahoy for Dereham school
IT is a case of ship ahoy at one Dereham pre-school!Youngsters at King's Park Pre-School have been enjoying pretending to sail the seven seas on their new pirate ship as well as having fun in their revamped play area and garden.
IT is a case of ship ahoy at one Dereham pre-school!
Youngsters at King's Park Pre-School have been enjoying pretending to sail the seven seas on their new pirate ship as well as having fun in their revamped play area and garden.
Pre-school supervisor Lesley Hill said: 'The children absolutely love it. They are so happy and pleased. It is amazing.
'They pretend they are going sailing off to Tahiti and that sharks are chasing them.
You may also want to watch:
'A big thank you to everybody who has helped with the garden and pirate ship.'
The �2,500 garden revamp included creating a digging area to make mud pies, another area for sand pits where the children can look for treasure, and an area to grow potatoes.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 4 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 7 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
A new climbing frame has also been bought and rubber chippings have also been put on the play
area floor to prevent the children hurting themselves.
Work has been done to help stop the area getting waterlogged.
The money was raised through various fundraisers and donations from parents. Mrs Hill, Richard Hill and Niki Cornwall led the team that was responsible for the garden revamp, and parents Jamal Shah and Kevin Osbourne each donated �250 to pay for the new pirate ship.
There are about 60 children aged two to four years old at the pre-school.