Three decades of friendship celebrated at twinning event
- Credit: Archant
Two towns separated by sea came together to celebrate more than 33 years of friendship.
A group of 53 adults and children arrived in Shipdham, near Dereham, from Noyant La Gravoyere, France, earlier this month.
A reception was held at Bullock Park on May 10 to welcome the visitors and Bill Fawcett, chairman of the parish council, greeted everyone with a speech spoken in French.
The Shipdham Association Committee organised a visit to Greenwich, with a trip on the Emirates Airline over the Thames and a short ride on the Thames Clipper to Greenwich Pier. A dinner and dance followed later in the week at Hunter's Hall, in Swanton Morley.
Doreen Taylor, president of association, thanked everyone involved, including chairman John Doel.
You may also want to watch:
Jean-Noel Gaultier, mayor of Noyant La Gravoyere, looked forward to welcoming everyone to France in 2019.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 4 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens