Shipdham Village Fete helps raise funds for local school
- Credit: Archant
A mid-Norfolk village's annual fete has helped to fundraise for its local school.
The event in Shipdham, held at Thomas Bullock Primary Academy, saw dozens of people enjoy the weekend weather and take part in the games and activities.
Held on Saturday July 7, organisers The Friends of Shipdham Schools (FOSS) confirmed that a total of £1,361 was raised.
Chairman of FOSS, Kaz Mason, said she hoped some of the donations would go towards outdoor projects for the school.
A spokesperson added: 'People who came enjoyed an afternoon of glorious Norfolk sunshine.
You may also want to watch:
'There were stalls galore with games for the children, a raffle and bouncy castle, as well as a barbecue and bar.'
Singer Chloe Rickwood and members of Busy Bodies Dance School also performed, as well as the school choir and bands.
- 1 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
There was also archery, facepainting, a crew from Norfolk Fire and Rescue who arrived with a fire engine, as well as craft stalls.