Pub’s plans to bring shisha pipes to market town
- Credit: Archant
A taste of Asia will be making its way to mid-Norfolk next month with the arrival of shisha pipes at a Dereham pub.
The pipes are being installed at The Railway Tavern, off Yaxham Road, and will be ready to use on Friday, July 5.
Landlord Paul Sandford was inspired to introduce the items at his pub following a visit to a restaurant and after talking to friends.
He said: "The idea came from two sources really after visiting a Moroccan restaurant in London and also friends in Weeze, Germany.
"It is becoming very popular and it can be nicotine free or with nicotine - we will offer both.
You may also want to watch:
"It works by the bowl being covered with a perforated foil sheet or metal screen. The hot coals are placed on top of the foil sheet or metal screen, which causes the tobacco in the bowl to heat up and smoke.
"By sucking on the hose, the smoke is drawn down through the down stem and underwater."
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
The shishas will each have four pipes attached with the aim of making it an activity for groups to experience.
The World Health Organisation issued a report in 2005 on the health effects of waterpipe tobacco smoking.