15 signs you grew up in Dereham
- Credit: Ian Burt
From coke floats at Wimpy to snowball fights at The Rec, here are just some of the things you'll remember if you grew up in Dereham.
1. You always had to stop off at Cosy Corner sweet shop.
2. You bought your records from Bennetts on Norwich Street.
3. When asked to recall a famous Dereham company, your first thought is Metamec.
4. You'd go to Norfolk Kitchen or Wimpy during your school lunch break to buy a coke float. Mmmmm.
You may also want to watch:
5. Taking a shortcut by cutting through Woolworths.
6. A school trip to Gressenhall museum would never be far around the corner.
- 1 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 2 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 3 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 4 ‘Overwhelming in a good way’ - Barber shop's new manager, 23
- 5 Police investigate 'possible assault' after Dereham town centre fight
- 6 Offensive graffiti sprayed on football clubhouse used by children
- 7 Norfolk boys brave cold to raise £1,000 in memory of family member
- 8 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 9 Norfolk charities lose up to £120m in pandemic
- 10 Barber fulfils dream of 34 years by opening hometown shop
7. You loved a good old fashioned snowball fight at The Rec.
8. Discos and gigs at The Sunshine Rooms were not to be missed.
9. You remember the market at Cowper Road car park.
10. You could never resist a bargain from Nobby's discount store.
11. Joining in with chants of "Pit til 4' on a Saturday night.
12. In winter you'd see people trying to climb the Christmas tree - and police pulling them down.
13. Rolling down the hill at the old Dereham swimming pool with your friends.
14. You'd buy your newspaper from under the cinema.
15. Swimming in the open air pool off Yaxham Road.