Smile please - it's Helhoughton village weekend and fete
Kathryn CrossHappy snappers are being asked to submit their perfect pictures for a photography competition at the village weekend and fete at Helhoughton, near Fakenham.Kathryn Cross
Happy snappers are being asked to submit their perfect pictures for a photography competition at the village weekend and fete at Helhoughton, near Fakenham.
The event takes place on Saturday, June 5 and Sunday, June 6 and all the photographs will be displayed at the village church. There are three age groups, under-11s, 11-16s and adult and entrants can submit as many photos as they like within the four categories of Village Life in Norfolk Today, All Creatures Great and Small, My Favourite Place, and Local Landscapes.
The winners of each category in each age group will receive a prize - for the adults this includes a two course meal at a local restaurant (eg Sculthorpe Mill, The Dabbling Duck at Great Massingham and The Crown at East Rudham), tickets for either Fakenham cinema or Fakenham superbowl for the 11-16s and �10 cash prizes for the under-11s.
Entries must be submitted in person at Helhoughton village hall on Tuesday, June 1 between 7pm and 9pm. Competition rules and entry form are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries can also be put up for sale with commission from any sale going towards the fundraising for the church and village hall.
You may also want to watch:
The photography competition is part of a weekend of fun and events in the village which also include a treasure trail, local history exhibition, fete, stalls, games and refreshments. Entry on both days is from 12pm to 3pm.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Dereham's plans for Remembrance services announced
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens