Smile please - it's Helhoughton village weekend and fete
Kathryn CrossHappy snappers are being asked to submit their perfect pictures for a photography competition at the village weekend and fete at Helhoughton, near Fakenham.Kathryn Cross
Happy snappers are being asked to submit their perfect pictures for a photography competition at the village weekend and fete at Helhoughton, near Fakenham.
The event takes place on Saturday, June 5 and Sunday, June 6 and all the photographs will be displayed at the village church. There are three age groups, under-11s, 11-16s and adult and entrants can submit as many photos as they like within the four categories of Village Life in Norfolk Today, All Creatures Great and Small, My Favourite Place, and Local Landscapes.
The winners of each category in each age group will receive a prize - for the adults this includes a two course meal at a local restaurant (eg Sculthorpe Mill, The Dabbling Duck at Great Massingham and The Crown at East Rudham), tickets for either Fakenham cinema or Fakenham superbowl for the 11-16s and �10 cash prizes for the under-11s.
Entries must be submitted in person at Helhoughton village hall on Tuesday, June 1 between 7pm and 9pm. Competition rules and entry form are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries can also be put up for sale with commission from any sale going towards the fundraising for the church and village hall.
You may also want to watch:
The photography competition is part of a weekend of fun and events in the village which also include a treasure trail, local history exhibition, fete, stalls, games and refreshments. Entry on both days is from 12pm to 3pm.
- 1 Developer says dozens show interest in new homes despite council concerns
- 2 Pub start weekly lockdown Bake Off challenge
- 3 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 4 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 5 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 6 Council agrees to fell "high risk tree" - despite protection order
- 7 Museum hopes to celebrate town's historic couple with summer reopening
- 8 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
- 9 Lake and barns for sale as separate auction lots despite same address
- 10 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers