Smokehouse on fire
A Norfolk smokehouse was narrowly saved from being turned indo cinders on Tuesday night.A chimney at Mid-Norfolk Smokehouse and Seafoods caught fire and set light to the roof of the building it was in.
A smokehouse was narrowly saved from being turned into cinders on Tuesday night.
A chimney at Mid-Norfolk Smokehouse and Seafoods caught fire and set light to the roof of the building it was in.
But the blaze, at a farm at Cranworth, was caught early by a member of staff and fire fighters put it out and stopped it spreading within about an hour.
Smokehouse owner George Bunning said had the member of staff not been in the building changing smokers, they might not have caught the fire and the whole building could have burned down.
You may also want to watch:
As it was production was only effected by about 10pc, he said.
It is thought tar in the smoker chimney caused the fire.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 3 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 4 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 5 Coffee morning raises more than £2,000 for charity
- 6 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 7 'Bring it on' - New chief executive appointed to district council
- 8 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
- 9 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
The firm smokes fish from kippers to haddock for wholesale.