Spate of vehicle crime in Melton Constable area
Motorists are being advised to remove valuables from their vehicles before locking them securely following a spate of vehicle crime in the Melton Constable area.
Four crimes have been reported where vehicles have been interfered with and items stolen.
The first happened between 9pm last Tuesday and 8am the next day, where a purse was stolen from the glove box of a vehicle parked along Swanton Road, Gunthorpe,
This was followed by three crimes where offender/s gained entry to a parked vehicle, stealing CDs and interfering with two cars parked on Colville Road, Melton Constable between 3.30am and 4am last Thursday.
Police advise motorists not to leave anything on display in their car, fit an electronic immobiliser to prevent the car from starting, use a steering wheel lock, fit locking wheel nuts, get an alarm installed, lock all doors and windows when leaving the car and to park in a garage or well-lit place.
You may also want to watch:
Call police on 0845 456 4567 with any information about the crimes.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 9 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 10 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end