Meet the ex-film producer preparing to stand for the Liberal Democrats in Mid Norfolk
- Credit: Alex Broadway
A former film producer is standing as the Liberal Democrats' prospective parliamentary candidate for Mid Norfolk.
Steffan Aquarone is aiming to oust Conservative candidate George Freeman from the seat he has held since 2010.
He is already a county councillor having been elected to the Melton Constable division in 2017, and is deputy group leader for the Lib Dems.
Having been brought up in Blickling, Mr Aquarone moved away from Norfolk to work as a producer and tech entrepreneur, but returned in 2015 intent on a career in politics.
He believes inequality, global warming and an ageing population are among a host of issues voters must consider.
"We need to have a frank conversation about our vision for the future," said Mr Aquarone. "If we can't agree a common purpose, we don't stand a chance of solving any of the big challenges of our time.
"I believe the British electorate is fed up with politics and politicians. I'm glad we'll be able to offer people a real choice."
- 1 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Wind turbines, cables and trenches: Is another way possible?
- 4 Where can I see Santa on his sleigh in Breckland this Christmas?
- 5 Countryfile to highlight controversial Norfolk road scheme
- 6 Norfolk scams: Washing machine fraudsters and fake WhatsApp messages
- 7 Delays after BMW crashes into tree on A47
- 8 Cast your votes in the Times Awards 2021
- 9 Virus expert predicts Omicron will start 'outcompeting' Delta
- 10 Pig farmer's invention wins national innovation award