Meet the ex-film producer preparing to stand for the Liberal Democrats in Mid Norfolk
- Credit: Alex Broadway
A former film producer is standing as the Liberal Democrats' prospective parliamentary candidate for Mid Norfolk.
Steffan Aquarone is aiming to oust Conservative candidate George Freeman from the seat he has held since 2010.
He is already a county councillor having been elected to the Melton Constable division in 2017, and is deputy group leader for the Lib Dems.
Having been brought up in Blickling, Mr Aquarone moved away from Norfolk to work as a producer and tech entrepreneur, but returned in 2015 intent on a career in politics.
He believes inequality, global warming and an ageing population are among a host of issues voters must consider.
You may also want to watch:
"We need to have a frank conversation about our vision for the future," said Mr Aquarone. "If we can't agree a common purpose, we don't stand a chance of solving any of the big challenges of our time.
"I believe the British electorate is fed up with politics and politicians. I'm glad we'll be able to offer people a real choice."
- 1 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 4 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Dereham, Blofield and Belton are the latest coronavirus infection hotspots
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland