Young ski champ Jacob hopes his future is all downhill
- Credit: Archant
He may be just nine years old, but young skier Jacob Kinge is no stranger to success.
The youngster, from Yaxham, won the under-10s category of the All England Championships held at Norwich Snowsports Centre over the September 7-8 weekend.
Jacob, who is in Year 5 at Yaxham Primary School, said he was "happy and amazed" at how well he had performed, and said he wanted to go as far as he could in skiing beyond moving into the under-12s category next year.
He said: "I would love to be in the Olympics one day."
His mum, Kate Kinge, said: "He did proudly tell his aunties and uncles that he was the best under 10 ski racer in England.
You may also want to watch:
"He would like to thank his coaches at Norfolk Snowsports, as they are the ones that have trained him week after week for the past five years."
Jacob has been skiing since he was five years old. He came in second in the under-8 category in 2017, and third in the under-10s last year.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 3 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 'Appalling' online abuse targeted at MPs
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk