Young ski champ Jacob hopes his future is all downhill
- Credit: Archant
He may be just nine years old, but young skier Jacob Kinge is no stranger to success.
The youngster, from Yaxham, won the under-10s category of the All England Championships held at Norwich Snowsports Centre over the September 7-8 weekend.
Jacob, who is in Year 5 at Yaxham Primary School, said he was "happy and amazed" at how well he had performed, and said he wanted to go as far as he could in skiing beyond moving into the under-12s category next year.
He said: "I would love to be in the Olympics one day."
His mum, Kate Kinge, said: "He did proudly tell his aunties and uncles that he was the best under 10 ski racer in England.
You may also want to watch:
"He would like to thank his coaches at Norfolk Snowsports, as they are the ones that have trained him week after week for the past five years."
Jacob has been skiing since he was five years old. He came in second in the under-8 category in 2017, and third in the under-10s last year.
- 1 Step in the right direction for neglected footpath
- 2 Sir David Attenborough praises Dereham school’s eco achievements
- 3 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 4 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 5 Armed forces to be honoured in council ceremony
- 6 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 7 Norfolk council agrees to go smoke free at headquarters
- 8 Your Say: Will Dereham locals go on holiday abroad this summer?
- 9 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
- 10 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise