Young ski champ Jacob hopes his future is all downhill
- Credit: Archant
He may be just nine years old, but young skier Jacob Kinge is no stranger to success.
The youngster, from Yaxham, won the under-10s category of the All England Championships held at Norwich Snowsports Centre over the September 7-8 weekend.
Jacob, who is in Year 5 at Yaxham Primary School, said he was "happy and amazed" at how well he had performed, and said he wanted to go as far as he could in skiing beyond moving into the under-12s category next year.
He said: "I would love to be in the Olympics one day."
His mum, Kate Kinge, said: "He did proudly tell his aunties and uncles that he was the best under 10 ski racer in England.
You may also want to watch:
"He would like to thank his coaches at Norfolk Snowsports, as they are the ones that have trained him week after week for the past five years."
Jacob has been skiing since he was five years old. He came in second in the under-8 category in 2017, and third in the under-10s last year.
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 7 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women