Young ski champ Jacob hopes his future is all downhill
- Credit: Archant
He may be just nine years old, but young skier Jacob Kinge is no stranger to success.
The youngster, from Yaxham, won the under-10s category of the All England Championships held at Norwich Snowsports Centre over the September 7-8 weekend.
Jacob, who is in Year 5 at Yaxham Primary School, said he was "happy and amazed" at how well he had performed, and said he wanted to go as far as he could in skiing beyond moving into the under-12s category next year.
He said: "I would love to be in the Olympics one day."
His mum, Kate Kinge, said: "He did proudly tell his aunties and uncles that he was the best under 10 ski racer in England.
"He would like to thank his coaches at Norfolk Snowsports, as they are the ones that have trained him week after week for the past five years."
Jacob has been skiing since he was five years old. He came in second in the under-8 category in 2017, and third in the under-10s last year.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Organisers hail success of first ever Dereham Day
- 3 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 4 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 5 Former military man elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 6 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 7 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 10 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'