“Some people have probably saved their lives” - Slimmer reveals the secret to her almost five stone weight loss
- Credit: Archant
A woman from mid-Norfolk has revealed her secret to losing nearly five stone and dropping three clothes sizes.
Diane Joyce has put her impressive weight loss down to 'making healthier choices and becoming a bit more active'.
A member of the Swanton Morley Slimming World Group, Ms Joyce joins the other 95 members who this year alone have shed the equivalent of two giant pandas in weight.
Members of the group dropped 716lbs during the first two months of 2019, and a total of 314 stone since consultant Lynn Rolland took over its running in October 2017.
Ms Joyce has lost just under five stone and dropped from a size 18 to a size 12.
She said: 'Filling up on lots of satisfying foods means you're never hungry so I've never felt as though I was on a diet.
'I thought losing weight meant counting calories and going without my favourite food and drink but now I know it's about making healthier choices about food and becoming a bit more active.
- 1 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 2 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 3 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 4 'It's scary' - foodbank volunteers lift lid on cost of living crisis
- 5 Annual service to be held in memory of Norfolk war hero
- 6 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 7 Crowds turn out to celebrate first ever Dereham Day
- 8 Locked-up play area to be refurbished after public outcry
- 9 7 food and drink themed trains you can ride in Norfolk this summer
- 10 Bradenham still searching for win after Downham & Stow defeat
'Reaching this milestone as a group just proves the huge change that we've all made to our lives. Some people who've lost big amounts of weight have probably even saved their lives.
'It's brilliant to celebrate together as well because that's how we've been losing weight – together. Every week we support and encourage each other and share tips and recipes, and on top of that we have a lot of fun.
'The support and inspiration we get from our consultant Lynn, has also been integral to our success. Because she has lost weight herself, she understands the ups and downs of slimming and can offer us help and advice based on her own experience. Without her I don't think we'd have achieved nearly as much.'
Ms Rolland said she was delighted about the group's success.
'It has made a big difference to their lives and to their whole families' lives, and they are happier and healthier now. Slimming has never been more important.
'A total of 59.6pc of adults in the Breckland area are overweight and I just want to help even more people to make real changes for life – there's no better job satisfaction than that.'