“Some people have probably saved their lives” - Slimmer reveals the secret to her almost five stone weight loss
- Credit: Archant
A woman from mid-Norfolk has revealed her secret to losing nearly five stone and dropping three clothes sizes.
Diane Joyce has put her impressive weight loss down to 'making healthier choices and becoming a bit more active'.
A member of the Swanton Morley Slimming World Group, Ms Joyce joins the other 95 members who this year alone have shed the equivalent of two giant pandas in weight.
Members of the group dropped 716lbs during the first two months of 2019, and a total of 314 stone since consultant Lynn Rolland took over its running in October 2017.
Ms Joyce has lost just under five stone and dropped from a size 18 to a size 12.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'Filling up on lots of satisfying foods means you're never hungry so I've never felt as though I was on a diet.
'I thought losing weight meant counting calories and going without my favourite food and drink but now I know it's about making healthier choices about food and becoming a bit more active.
- 1 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 5 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 6 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 7 Potential resurrection of Dereham Rotary Club to be discussed at meeting
- 8 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
'Reaching this milestone as a group just proves the huge change that we've all made to our lives. Some people who've lost big amounts of weight have probably even saved their lives.
'It's brilliant to celebrate together as well because that's how we've been losing weight – together. Every week we support and encourage each other and share tips and recipes, and on top of that we have a lot of fun.
'The support and inspiration we get from our consultant Lynn, has also been integral to our success. Because she has lost weight herself, she understands the ups and downs of slimming and can offer us help and advice based on her own experience. Without her I don't think we'd have achieved nearly as much.'
Ms Rolland said she was delighted about the group's success.
'It has made a big difference to their lives and to their whole families' lives, and they are happier and healthier now. Slimming has never been more important.
'A total of 59.6pc of adults in the Breckland area are overweight and I just want to help even more people to make real changes for life – there's no better job satisfaction than that.'