Takeaway plans tipped for approval
Plans for a new Indian restaurant and takeaway in Dereham are being recommended for approval.Mohammed Ali, from Norwich, has applied to Breckland Council to turn the former Dereham Glass showroom at 2 London Road into a restaurant and takeaway.
Plans for a new Indian restaurant and takeaway in Dereham are being recommended for approval.
Mohammed Ali, from Norwich, has applied to Breckland Council to turn the former Dereham Glass showroom at 2 London Road into a restaurant and takeaway.
The application is due to be discussed by the council's development control committee on May 11 and planning officers are recommending approval.
The council has received a number of objections including a petition. Some people are objecting because of fears that the restaurant and takeaway will result in unacceptable noise levels during unsociable hours, litter and smells. There are also concerns that there are already too many food outlets in the town and that there would be road safety issues.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Town Council and Breckland's environmental health officer have no objections.
The Highway Authority also has no objections subject to some minor revisions being made to the plans.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 3 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 9 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 10 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history