Teenager charged with making knife threats after disturbance on housing estate
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A teenager has been charged following an incident which disturbed a Dereham housing estate in the middle of the night.
Police were called to Shipdham Road in Toftwood just after 11.30pm on Monday, August 19, following reports a man had been threatened by someone armed with a knife.
Residents living in the area reported seeing four police cars and a van on Middlemarch Road, in addition to hearing loud shouting and swearing for several minutes.
No one was injured as a result of the incident but a knife was seized and a man was subsequently taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Kallum Attride, aged 19, of Market Street, Thetford, has been charged with two counts of threatening a person with a knife in a public place.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in police custody and due to appear at Norwich Magistrates' Court this morning, August 21.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 3 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 9 'Appalling' online abuse targeted at MPs
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk