Teenager charged with making knife threats after disturbance on housing estate
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A teenager has been charged following an incident which disturbed a Dereham housing estate in the middle of the night.
Police were called to Shipdham Road in Toftwood just after 11.30pm on Monday, August 19, following reports a man had been threatened by someone armed with a knife.
Residents living in the area reported seeing four police cars and a van on Middlemarch Road, in addition to hearing loud shouting and swearing for several minutes.
No one was injured as a result of the incident but a knife was seized and a man was subsequently taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Kallum Attride, aged 19, of Market Street, Thetford, has been charged with two counts of threatening a person with a knife in a public place.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in police custody and due to appear at Norwich Magistrates' Court this morning, August 21.
- 1 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 5 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 6 Family's anger after woman, 82, faced being 'marooned' by floodwater
- 7 Former Hollywood Cinema boss becomes award-winning carer
- 8 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today