Temporary traffic lights on A47
- Credit: Archant
Temporary traffic lights are in place on the A47 in mid Norfolk after a collapsed drain appeared yesterday.
Traffic was slow on the road, near the McDonalds roundabout at Swaffham, yesterday.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: "The latest on the collapsed drain incident is that the road is open, and temporary traffic lights are in place. The police road safety aspect is complete now."
A spokesman for Highways England said: "This was a collapsed BT manhole cover. Temporary repairs were carried out by BT yesterday and the road is now reopened. The full repair was done by BT. We carry out weekly inspections of our roads to identify any issues and address them accordingly."
Police were called to the site at 8.41am on Thursday, November 28.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said there was a collapsed drain in the middle of the Norwich-bound lane, about half a mile from the McDonald's, towards Norwich.
Norfolk police tweeted yesterday: "#norfolkroads : A47 Eastbound, between Swaffham (McDonald's roundabout) and Necton, Single lane blockage - Traffic is heavy - there will be delays - avoid if possible."
- 1 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Watch: 91-year-old woman's stirring poem 'Wake Up Britain'
- 4 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 5 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 6 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 7 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 8 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 9 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 10 Barman suffered fractured eye socket after being punched on night out