Temporary traffic lights on A47
- Credit: Archant
Temporary traffic lights are in place on the A47 in mid Norfolk after a collapsed drain appeared yesterday.
Traffic was slow on the road, near the McDonalds roundabout at Swaffham, yesterday.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: "The latest on the collapsed drain incident is that the road is open, and temporary traffic lights are in place. The police road safety aspect is complete now."
A spokesman for Highways England said: "This was a collapsed BT manhole cover. Temporary repairs were carried out by BT yesterday and the road is now reopened. The full repair was done by BT. We carry out weekly inspections of our roads to identify any issues and address them accordingly."
Police were called to the site at 8.41am on Thursday, November 28.
A spokesman said there was a collapsed drain in the middle of the Norwich-bound lane, about half a mile from the McDonald's, towards Norwich.
Norfolk police tweeted yesterday: "#norfolkroads : A47 Eastbound, between Swaffham (McDonald's roundabout) and Necton, Single lane blockage - Traffic is heavy - there will be delays - avoid if possible."
- 1 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 2 Former military man elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 3 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 4 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 5 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 6 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 7 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Organisers hail success of first ever Dereham Day
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week