The long and the short of it for Debra
Richard Parr Mother-of-two Debra Kidd today said goodbye on live television in front of millions of viewers to her waist-length blonde hair that she has grown for 37 years.
Mother-of-two Debra Kidd today said goodbye on live television in front of millions of viewers to her waist-length blonde hair that she has grown for 37 years.
In a major makeover for 45-year-old Debra on ITV'S This Morning programme, her flowing locks were cut and re-styled into a more contemporary sassy crop style.
But it was a big surprise to everyone that professional stylist Matthew Soobroy changed her colour to auburn.
Although Debra considered her new look “extreme”, she does like it although she said it will take some time getting used to.
“She told the EDP after her makeover : “I was not allowed to see it while Matthew was creating the new style in the TV studio but friends you have sent me texts all say that it makes me look years younger. My 16-year-old son, Lloyd, is not so keen on it and keeps asking my husband, Paul, why he let me do it but he will get used to it in time”.
- 1 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving car and tractor
- 4 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 5 Boris Johnson expected to announce easing of Covid-19 Plan B restrictions
- 6 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'
- 9 Royal British Legion branch to celebrate 100th anniversary
- 10 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
Debra was seen on the programme chatting to presenters Phil Schofield and Fern Britton about her new look and what she planned to do with her hair that was cut off. She is going to donate it to a charity that makes wigs for little girls suffering from cancer.
Viewers did not see Matthew actually cutting her hair off, that was carried out at about 9.30am before the programme went on air. Debra was one of three women with long hair being given a shorter, more contemporary look, and they all liked their transformations.
Matthew told Debra : “The new style I have created for you just takes years away and all you need to do is let it dry naturally and get a bit of wax and literally scrunch it into your hair.”
As reported in today's EDP, Debra, of Mill Road, Briston, decided to have a dramatic new look for her hair because of other changes in her life, including taking a degree and setting up a new interior design business.
Debra and her husband, Paul, will celebrate their Silver Wedding anniversary on October 8 and are taking a holiday to Barcelona in Spain to mark the occasion.