The search is on! New campaign launched to find unsung heroes
- Credit: Archant
Do you have community spirit? Well, let's hear it!
A new campaign to promote the great work happening in our towns and villages is being launched by the Dereham Times and Fakenham and Wells Times.
The Times' Unsung Heroes campaign wants to give recognition to inspiring individuals and amazing organisations whose hard work and efforts go unnoticed.
Editor Adam Lazzari explained why the campaign is important.
He said: 'There are many people doing incredible work all over our communities without any thought of reward. The Times' Unsung Heroes campaign is a great opportunity to give them the recognition they truly deserve. These are the people who help ensure our communities thrive and make them better places for people to live and work.
You may also want to watch:
'We are looking for people from all walks of life, whether it be volunteering at sports clubs, helping vulnerable people, fundraising for a cause close to their heart or simply helping to improve the town or village where they live, we want to hear about them.'
Senior reporter Donna-Louise Bishop, who will be overseeing the project, said: 'One of the highlights of my job is getting to share inspiring stories about exceptional people and during my time working at the Times it is clear there is a wealth of heart in the communities we cover.
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 7 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
'From the neighbour who makes time to have a cuppa and chat every week, to a young person raising money for a charity which is important to them, or the small group of friends who have created something special for the whole town or village to enjoy - no matter how small you think the act of kindness is, I want to hear about it.
Do you know a person or organisation that deserves recognition? Nominations can be from anyone of any age, or any local organisation, as long as they are based in a town or village in and around the Dereham, Fakenham, Reepham or Wells area.
To enter fill in the details on the online form here for Dereham heroes or here for Fakenham and Wells heroes . Or purchase a copy of this week's paper and complete the attached form inside and send to the address provided, labelled 'The Times' Unsung Heroes' or email Donna-Louise.Bishop@archant.co.uk.