Thefts at Dereham Cemetery
Emma KnightsFlowers have been stolen from graves at Dereham Cemetery.There have been a spate of thefts over the past few weeks and because of this police officers from the Dereham Area Safer Neighbourhood Team have stepped up patrols in the area.Emma Knights
FLOWERS have been stolen from graves at Dereham Cemetery.
There has been a spate of thefts over the past few
weeks and police officers from the Dereham Area Safer Neighbourhood Team have stepped up patrols in the area.
Both the police and Dereham Town Council are appealing for any information about the thefts.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham PCSO Paul Frostwick said: "This is a heartless crime as flowers have been left at gravesides by families and friends in memory of loved ones."
Town clerk Tony Needham said Dereham Town Council was working closely with the police on the matter.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Artist’s tribute to ‘courageous’ cancer charity founder
- 10 Revealed: 13 new large vaccination sites to open in Norfolk and Waveney
Anyone who has any information about these thefts should contact PCSO Paul Frostwick on 0845 4564567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.