Three more shops raided in mid-Norfolk this morning
Three more shops across Norfolk have been raided this morning, taking the total to five in just three days.A community run-shop and two other rural shops in villages in mid-Norfolk were hit by burglars between 1.
Three more shops across Norfolk have been raided this morning, taking the total to five in just three days.
A community run-shop and two other rural shops in villages in mid-Norfolk were hit by burglars between 1.40am and 2.30am.
In one case it is believed a delivery driver dropping off newspapers spotted the burglars as they left the scene.
The three raids this morning follows two in the early hours of Saturday morning and another two similar raids, all at village shops and post offices, before Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
The first this morning was at the Co-op store in Melton Constable, which was broken into at 1.40am. The door was smashed in and cigarettes taken.
An attempt to break into a post office branch inside the shop was made but nothing taken.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 3 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 4 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 5 Coffee morning raises more than £2,000 for charity
- 6 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 7 'Bring it on' - New chief executive appointed to district council
- 8 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
- 9 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
Then at 2am raiders targeted Swanton Morley village store, again smashing in the front door and then breaking into a cupboard to get cigarettes. It is believed four men were involved in this raid.
Then at 2.37am community run village shop Mileham Stores was smashed into.
The front door of the shop was smashed in and a cabinet containing cigarettes was broken in to. The burglars also tried to gain access to a post office area but were unsuccessful.
Mileham stores opened in 2007 by a group of villagers who saved it from closure.
On Saturday Lyng post office was raided just after 3am, it is believed by a group of four men.
The gang ram-raided the building and took a cash-filled safe.
Police said officers were investigating whether it was linked to an incident that happened at the Bell Inn, in Barnham Broom, at about 3am the same morning.
Before Christmas the shop at Barnham Broom was also raided, on the same morning as another raid on a shop in Hempnall, south of Norwich.
t Anyone with information should contact Det Con Colin Aris at Dereham CID on 0845 4564567.