Youngsters blossom with random act of kindness for community
- Credit: Toftwood Brownies
Youngsters from mid-Norfolk have been putting smiles on the faces of their local community by carrying out good deeds.
When the 1st Toftwood Brownies were asked if they knew what a random act of kindness was, one of its members was quick to say 'it does what it says on the tin'.
A random act of kindness is doing something kind for someone you may not necessarily know, to help brighten up their day.
To do their bit, the Brownies each planted two marigolds with a special poem included and left them on the doorsteps of neighbours.
A spokesperson for the group said: 'Hopefully this will show the local community the good deeds that young people can do.'
If you have received one of the flowers visit the website www.1sttoftwoodbrownies.btck.co.uk and leave a message to let them know.
The 1st Toftwood Brownies has been running since 1965.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after being punched and kicked in Dereham assault
- 2 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 3 Class A and B drug dealer jailed for more than two years
- 4 'Threat to democracy' - Opposition fears council's constitution change
- 5 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 6 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 7 Scores in Norfolk caught up in DVLA driving licence delays
- 8 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 9 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 10 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition