Toftwood gangs: youngster arrested
Police have arrested a youngster in connection with a rise in anti-social behaviour in Toftwood.For months, a gang of youths has been terrorising people living in Toftwood and police say recorded incidents of anti-social behaviour there have increased 175.
Police have arrested a youngster in connection with a rise in anti-social behaviour in Toftwood.
Police say recorded incidents of anti-social behaviour there have increased 175.5pc in the past year.
Insp Pete Walsh said a youth was arrested on Wednesday.
He added: 'We have increased police patrols in the area over the half-term holiday and we are confident we know the identities of the small group of children and young people who have been involved in anti-social behaviour.'
You may also want to watch:
He urged parents to ensure they were aware of where their children were going and who they were with, and said people should contact the Dereham Safer Neighbourhood Team if they have any information about anti-social behaviour.
In the eight months up to January this year, there was an average of nearly 40 recorded incidents per month in Toftwood - in January alone there were 63.
- 1 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 4 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 5 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 6 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 7 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 8 Covid responsible for half of all deaths in worst hit areas of Norfolk
- 9 Landlords invited to webinar to keep up with changing rules
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
A meeting has been organised with residents of the European Cities area of Toftwood, so-called because of its street names, to discuss on-going problems.
Police and representatives from Breckland Council will also attend the meeting next Thursday at 7pm in the Anglia Room at Breckland Council's offices in Walpole Loke.