Toftwood gangs: youngster arrested
Police have arrested a youngster in connection with a rise in anti-social behaviour in Toftwood.For months, a gang of youths has been terrorising people living in Toftwood and police say recorded incidents of anti-social behaviour there have increased 175.
Police have arrested a youngster in connection with a rise in anti-social behaviour in Toftwood.
Police say recorded incidents of anti-social behaviour there have increased 175.5pc in the past year.
Insp Pete Walsh said a youth was arrested on Wednesday.
He added: 'We have increased police patrols in the area over the half-term holiday and we are confident we know the identities of the small group of children and young people who have been involved in anti-social behaviour.'
You may also want to watch:
He urged parents to ensure they were aware of where their children were going and who they were with, and said people should contact the Dereham Safer Neighbourhood Team if they have any information about anti-social behaviour.
In the eight months up to January this year, there was an average of nearly 40 recorded incidents per month in Toftwood - in January alone there were 63.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 3 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 9 'Appalling' online abuse targeted at MPs
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
A meeting has been organised with residents of the European Cities area of Toftwood, so-called because of its street names, to discuss on-going problems.
Police and representatives from Breckland Council will also attend the meeting next Thursday at 7pm in the Anglia Room at Breckland Council's offices in Walpole Loke.