Toftwood church set to mark 50 years with celebration weekend
- Credit: Supplied by Toftwood Methodist Church
A church is set to mark its 50th anniversary with a celebratory weekend including a concert, flower festival, and special service.
Toftwood Methodist Church was founded in 1969, and will celebrate five decades of being part of the community, from Saturday, May 25 to Monday, May 27.
The celebrations, held at the church on Chapel Lane, NR19 1LD, will begin on the Saturday with the flower festival, refreshments and stalls open from 10am to 4pm.
The event continues with a celebration concert at the church at 7pm, with tickets still available, and there will be a Sunday anniversary service at 11am, with the church open for the flower festival until 4pm.
The church will also be open on Monday from 10am to 4pm, for flowers and 50 favourite hymns.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the church said: "Everyone is very welcome to join us at any time during the weekend.
"We look forward to seeing you."
- 1 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 4 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 5 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 6 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 7 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 8 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 9 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham