Toftwood pupils go wild about science thanks to special visitors
- Credit: Kirsty Ponder
Science lessons at Toftwood Infant School came alive thanks to a visit by mobile petting zoo Zoo-tastic
Animal experts Ian and Alison came to enhance the children's learning of their topic of animal life. The children have been learning about classifying animals into mammals, amphibians, reptiles, insects, fish and birds and also learnt about animals that are herbivores, omnivores and carnivores.
They worked with each year 1 class to talk about classifying animals and brought lots of animals to look at, discuss and touch.
The children got to see a snake, Bobby the tawny owl, Lisa the bearded dragon, Harvey the rabbit, Laurel and Hardy the guinea-pigs, Fluffy the tarantula and a scorpion.
The children really enjoyed seeing the creatures up close, as well as touching them, and listened to the facts that were shared about each animal.
You may also want to watch:
They also learnt how to handle and care for the animals by being kind and gentle.
- 1 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state