Toftwood pupils go wild about science thanks to special visitors
- Credit: Kirsty Ponder
Science lessons at Toftwood Infant School came alive thanks to a visit by mobile petting zoo Zoo-tastic
Animal experts Ian and Alison came to enhance the children's learning of their topic of animal life. The children have been learning about classifying animals into mammals, amphibians, reptiles, insects, fish and birds and also learnt about animals that are herbivores, omnivores and carnivores.
They worked with each year 1 class to talk about classifying animals and brought lots of animals to look at, discuss and touch.
The children got to see a snake, Bobby the tawny owl, Lisa the bearded dragon, Harvey the rabbit, Laurel and Hardy the guinea-pigs, Fluffy the tarantula and a scorpion.
The children really enjoyed seeing the creatures up close, as well as touching them, and listened to the facts that were shared about each animal.
They also learnt how to handle and care for the animals by being kind and gentle.
- 1 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 2 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 3 Households report supply issues and buses diverted due to burst water main
- 4 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 5 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 6 A47 reopens after man seriously injured in crash following police chase
- 7 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 8 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 9 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 10 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears