Top effort from quizzers at fun Dereham Sixth Form event
- Credit: Ben Greentree
A team called Top Marx scored top marks to win the Dereham Sixth Form College Quiz 'n' Chips night for students and the community.
Organised by the college senate the quiz, which focused on 2016, had questions ranging on everything from news and current affairs to celebrity deaths.
The winning team, Top Marx, scored 54 points out of a possible 61 and their team captain was awarded a trophy in recognition of their victory.
The night also included two lives performances from local musicians and a prize charity raffle, with gifts donated by students and members of staff, which raised £40.36.
Senate chairman Ben Greentree said: 'The night was a huge success, we had the highest amount of teams participating for several years and everyone got competitive but still had a lot of fun.'
You may also want to watch:
He said the senate have already begun planning their next event for the spring.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards