Top effort from quizzers at fun Dereham Sixth Form event
- Credit: Ben Greentree
A team called Top Marx scored top marks to win the Dereham Sixth Form College Quiz 'n' Chips night for students and the community.
Organised by the college senate the quiz, which focused on 2016, had questions ranging on everything from news and current affairs to celebrity deaths.
The winning team, Top Marx, scored 54 points out of a possible 61 and their team captain was awarded a trophy in recognition of their victory.
The night also included two lives performances from local musicians and a prize charity raffle, with gifts donated by students and members of staff, which raised £40.36.
Senate chairman Ben Greentree said: 'The night was a huge success, we had the highest amount of teams participating for several years and everyone got competitive but still had a lot of fun.'
You may also want to watch:
He said the senate have already begun planning their next event for the spring.
- 1 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 2 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 3 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 4 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 5 Watch: 91-year-old woman's stirring poem 'Wake Up Britain'
- 6 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 7 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 8 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 9 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 10 Your Say - Dereham people reveal their favourite day trip spots