Top marks for school
Litcham High School has received top marks in an Ofsted report for the achievement and standards of pupils.The school is celebrating after the government's education standards watchdog gave it the highest grades in standards reached by pupils, the progress they had made, and for how pupils with learning disabilities and difficulties had fared.
Litcham High School has received top marks in an Ofsted report for the achievement and standards of pupils.
The school is celebrating after the government's education standards watchdog gave it the highest grades in standards reached by pupils, the progress they had made, and for how pupils with learning disabilities and difficulties had fared.
In their report, inspectors praised “the exceptionally good care, guidance and support for all its students, creating an environment in which the majority achieve outstanding results”.
The 572-pupil school is one of only a few in the country to have three specialities; science, language and sport.
You may also want to watch:
To improve further, the report said the school needed to introduce new opportunities for vocational learning and for more rigour in monitoring teaching and learning.
Head Jeremy Nicholls said: “We the staff and the governing body are all delighted with the report, which
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 3 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 6 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 7 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 8 Dereham garage sale arranged to raise money for cancer charity
- 9 The Flying Scotsman arrives in Dereham
- 10 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
gives an accurate description of the school.
“This success is the result of a remarkably committed staff, willing and hard-working students and very supportive governors and parents.”