Town council comes third in national award
Emma KnightsDereham Town Council has come third in a prestigious national award.It reached the final three in the council of the year category in the Local Councils Awards 2010 that are run by the National Association of Local Councils (NALC).Emma Knights
Dereham Town Council has come third in a prestigious national award.
It reached the final three in the council of the year category in the Local Councils Awards 2010 that are run by the National Association of Local Councils (NALC).
Dereham mayor Robert Hambidge and town clerk Tony Needham were at the final today which was held at One George Street, in London.
Mr Hambidge said: 'It was a little bit disappointing not winning but it is still quite a coup for the council to come third in a national competition. I am very proud.'
He said the awards had been a really worthwhile day and it was nice to meet members of the other councils.
Mr Needham said: 'Dereham Town Council is honoured to be recognised nationally for all of its hard work.'
- 1 A47 reopens after it was closed for six hours due to crash
- 2 'You've got to diversify' - cafe and gallery owner braves expansion
- 3 A trip to the fair helps Norfolk man remember
- 4 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 8 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 9 Queen's Jubilee: All the events happening in the Dereham area
- 10 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges