Town council comes third in national award
Emma KnightsDereham Town Council has come third in a prestigious national award.It reached the final three in the council of the year category in the Local Councils Awards 2010 that are run by the National Association of Local Councils (NALC).Emma Knights
Dereham Town Council has come third in a prestigious national award.
It reached the final three in the council of the year category in the Local Councils Awards 2010 that are run by the National Association of Local Councils (NALC).
Dereham mayor Robert Hambidge and town clerk Tony Needham were at the final today which was held at One George Street, in London.
Mr Hambidge said: 'It was a little bit disappointing not winning but it is still quite a coup for the council to come third in a national competition. I am very proud.'
You may also want to watch:
He said the awards had been a really worthwhile day and it was nice to meet members of the other councils.
Mr Needham said: 'Dereham Town Council is honoured to be recognised nationally for all of its hard work.'
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 4 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 5 Dereham's plans for Remembrance services announced
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 9 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 10 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed