Youth football team receives financial support from hairdressers
- Credit: SENT IN BY JACK CASSIDY
A youth football team has received a financial boost from a hairdressing salon.
Shorn by Sean, based on Norwich Street in Dereham, has sponsored tracksuit tops for the Dereham Saints Football Club under-11s team.
The new kit will be used in the new up and coming season.
Dereham Saints Football Club has completed its first season playing in the Norfolk combined youth football league.
It is the town's newest youth football club and was launched by Jack and Sue Cassidy.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cassidy said: 'It's businesses like Shorn by Sean that helps keep clubs running with sponsorships and donations.'
In its first year, the club has gone from one team of 18 children, to 10 teams entering the league this September.
- 1 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 4 Council says it's in public interest to keep golf resort details secret
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 7 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 8 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 9 Tributes paid to retired long-term foster carer who 'loved to laugh'
- 10 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid
The club also has mini saints, which has been awarded charter standard by the FA for their hard work.